Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jampong - Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup


Type of Noodle: Wheat Flour

What's in it: Mixed Vegetables, Shrimp, Clams, Squid, Cuttlefish, Scallops

Price: $10.95

Where to Find it: Shanghai, Lotte Plaza (Chantilly, VA)

Rating: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Summary: I love me some Jampong! There should be a warning though. This soup is very spicy. Also, it has a really strong seafood smell to it. So if you aren't a fan of spicy foods or fishy smells, I don't recommend this soup. I found out about this spot during a random lunch trip to Lotte for groceries. Come to find out they got a pretty damn good food court there. You can find this particular soup at Shanghai, which is their Chinese influenced dishes. There is a cheaper version of Jampong there. I believe it is $8.95, but it doesn't come with as much seafood. At first I was a little pissed that this noodle soup broke the $10 mark, but as sooon as I saw the quantity and variety of seafood loaded in here, my stomach was more than happy. The noodles were nice and thick wheat noodles. They were a little squarish again. I guess its a Korean thing. So again spicy, seafood lovers...this soup is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment