Friday, October 9, 2009

Curry Udon


Type of Noodle: Thick Wheat Flour

What's in it: Mixed Vegetables, Chicken, Naruto, Hard-boiled Egg

Price: $8.50

Where to Find It: Matsu Sushi (Centreville, VA)

Rating: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Summary: The first time I had Curry Udon was when I went to Kyoto this past spring. It was absolutely amazing. Ever since, I've been trying to find a decent Curry Udon in the DMV area. I discovered they had this wonderful soup at Matsu Sushi in Centreville. Although I was skeptical because Matsu Sushi is run by Koreans, I was surprised that it was quite delicious. The broth was very tasty and all the ingredients were well balanced. My only beef with their soup was the quality of the udon noodles. Not that they were bad or anything, but instead of perfectly rounded noodles, they had squared off edges. This indicates to me that they may have bought these things at Lotte or H-Mart. Not hating on Koreans at all, but literally with the noodles, they were cutting corners! Still try this soup for the overall flavor. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment